Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Order Up!

Two weeks ago, I received my orders to ODS. For those who don't speak military, (which I don't) it stands for Officer Development School. From what I understand, there is very little school and lots of physical development. The goal of the school is to put prospective staff corps officers (Doctors, Lawyers, Chaplains) into shape so that they can effectively do their job. After all, nothing can move the Holy Spirit in a military chapel service like realizing that your chaplain can bench press you as well as the pulpit from which he is preaching.

For the last year or so, I have been getting myself into shape. In spite of me telling myself that "Round is a shape" I have forced myself to run, do various push ups, sit ups and other forms of medieval torture. 

Thankfully, I have had my wife endure the torture with me so its not too bad. 

To be completely honest, the "Corry Get's Fit" program is a great program. I have not lost the weight that I've been hoping for, but I have been able to see great differences in doing some of my PRT exercises. 

Currently from May 12-June 15 I will be in Newport, RI. This is just one step in the process of becoming a Navy Chaplain. After ODS is complete, the next step is chaplain school. And then from there, there are options presented to me. 

1. I will be able to go to Active Duty (Which is entirely up to the Navy)---This is my first choice
2. I will go to the Reserves (Which is entirely up to the Navy)---This is my second choice.
3. I can be removed from the program (Which is entirely up to the Navy)---I sincerely hope this doesn't happen.

So as of now, I'll keep training, working, praying and hoping. Everything is in God's hands and His timing is always perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment