Sunday, February 24, 2013

NCSC Week 2

It's hard to believe how fast time flies. This week was a great week at Chaplain School. For most of the week we had a guest lecture series on Ethics by Captain Rick Rubel. He was very thought provoking in many of our lectures and caused quite a bit of discussion amongst the class.

It was so enjoyable to be able to contemplate things that would never cross one's mind. When it comes to ethics, most people think the world is just black and white. Right is right and wrong is wrong.

But how do you decide between a good thing or a better thing? How do you decide between two equally horrible choices? Those are the types of questions that the great minds of 19 students at NCSC tried to answer. And to be completely honest, I don't think we came up with anything substantial.

The only conclusion I managed to come up with is: I hope God will speak audibly to me, when I have a tough choice to make.

Apart from class, there hasn't been a whole lot going on. The PT sessions are strenuous. Ammo can lifts, suicides, sprints, pushups, situps, pullups. All that normal good stuff. Thankfully I have survived.

On another note, the devotions the other chaplains have delivered have been fantastic. The sweet spirit that is present among all is a sight to behold.

I was sick earlier this week and I think it might be spreading through the class.

This upcoming week should be great! We have a trip to Paris Island to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment